Today's Trending Video in Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough News Featured post

Kim Jong-un: fragile and under pressure but he won’t give up

The Observer The North Korean leader’s surprise freeze of his nuclear programme is less a genuine move than a diplomatic manoeuvre,...

BBC News - Home

Best Video In Middlesbrough

The Guardian

Best Middlesbrough Videos

Thursday 6 September 2018

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How important is it to be with peers you can learn from?

Ask HN: How important is it to be with peers you can learn from?
5 by theyoungwolf | 2 comments on Hacker News.
I am a younger developer (3 years) who has been fortunate enough to be given a lot of responsibility in the projects I work in. I spend most of my time teaching myself what I need to know or have to know for the job. I realized I currently don't learn much from my surrounding peers (small team: 2 other senior level developers). To increase velocity, my company recently contracted some of the work for our project. And from my experience working with these contractors I have learned new things that I wouldn't have gotten from my peers or teaching myself. How important is it to learn from your peers or be surrounded by peers that you can learn from?

Middlesbrough

No comments:

Post a Comment